Congratulations to the winner of our Business Card Drop Promotion, James Lau. James is the lucky winner of a new set of “Beats Solo³ Wireless” headphones.
1. These Terms and Conditions govern the EMS Business Card Drop Promotion (“Promotion.”)
2. Participation in the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. The promoter is EMS Brüel & Kjær Pty Ltd (“Promoter”) whose registered office is at Level 12, 432 St Kilda Road, Melbourne 3004.
4. To be eligible to participate in the Promotion, participants must be residents of Australia and over 18 years of age and must be listed as attendees/delegates at the “Acoustics 2019” conference, to be held in Cape Schanck from 10-13 November 2019 (“Eligible Participants.”)
5. The Promotion will commence on 10 November 2019 and will conclude 13 November 2019 or such other later date as notified by the Promoter (Promotional Period).
6. Participation in the Promotion requires Eligible Participants to place one business card in the bowl set up for that purpose at the EMS booth at the Conference. Business cards placed in the bowl must set out the name, company, title and contact information (including phone number and email address) for the individual taking part in the promotion (“Eligible Entry.”) Multiple entries not allowed.
7. The owner of the first Eligible Entry to be drawn out of the Bowl by an EMS representative, will win one pair of “Beats Solo³ Wireless” headphones.
8. The prize (including any unused portion of the prize) cannot be assigned, transferred, redeemed for cash, or substituted except by the Promoter who may at their sole discretion, subject to the relevant state authorities, substitute any prize with one of comparable value if the advertised prize is or becomes unavailable for any reason. The Promoter will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or take responsibility for any broken products in the delivery of the product or after it has been delivered. It is not the responsibility of the Promoter to insure any products.
9. The draw will take place on 13 November 2019 (the final day of the “Acoustics 2019” conference). If the Promoter is unable to contact the winner at the conference, then the Promoter will attempt to make contact using the contact information on the winner’s business card. The winner’s details will also be published on the EMS website, at www.emsbk.com . The prize will be delivered to the winner after the conference has concluded.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any eligible entrant where the Promoter believes that the entry or the entry process has been tampered with or where any entry has been submitted not in accordance with the Terms and Conditions.
11. The Promoter gives no warranty as to the prize.
12. The Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) and its related bodies corporate are not liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to that arising from any person’s negligence) arising in any way out of the Promotion or the use of the prize, except any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent permitted by law).
13. If this Promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
14. Each Eligible Participant warrants to the Promoter that the details on the business card are valid and correct.
15. Without limiting any other terms herein, each Eligible Participant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of these Terms and Conditions by the Eligible Participant.
16. The Promotion and these Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the state of Victoria, Australia and each Eligible Participant submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the state of Victoria.
17. To the extent that any of these Terms and Conditions is unlawful or unenforceable, that term shall be severed and of no effect.